Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Postman Always Rings Twice



After a little hiatus, I am back to the canvas again. Thanks to the generosity of Lana Turner’s daughter, Cheryl Crane, I am painting a way cool shot of Lana & John Garfield from the classic MGM film noir, “The Postman Always Rings Twice.” The photo was published in her beautiful tribute to her mother, LANA: The Memories, the Myths, the Movies. I highly recommend this book if you are an admirer of Lana Turner’s. To see more of my art, visit my regular website.

3 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

i liked a lot this one , and your style is incredible .
if one day you visit my blog , i hope you lile it as well.

Bee said...

I too am a huge fan of your work, Dave! Like you I find that most of my inspiration comes from the oldies but goodies...I can't wait to see this one!

Davelandweb said...

Thank you so much for the kind words; I should be getting back to working on this one soon - stay tuned!